Wednesday, May 19, 2010

These are the cards I was dealt by the Divine and I’ll play them from where I sit right now.

I see a lot of things happening in the U.S. that make my skin crawl, especially here in California. At various stages I have planned to relocate to a variety of countries including Honduras before the coup took place but, because of family, friends, and associates I’ve developed a love for over the years I found it unlikely I’d leave for my own personal gratification. I’m now helping take care of my elderly parents after what they have done for me over many years and California became their heartfelt home to end their final years.

In light of what’s happening in the world and the U.S. I think many Americans are thinking, why stick around. After reading about what the Palestinians go through on a recurring basis I often wondered why they stick it out, day after day. It would probably be somewhat easier for them to leave and try their best someplace else. Dealing with white phosphorus, depleted uranium, contaminated drinking water, incursions etc. is not my idea of a place to raise a family or live a fulfilling life. But nonetheless, they continue to struggle on and maintain some semblance of community. In their hearts this is their home and they WILL withstand a host of abuses before letting a group of wayword souls (I have other words but this is the most Politcal Correct I could come up with) destroy their heritage. The Apache tried to do the same thing and to some degree succeeded. They have some good size reservations close to their homeland, if that is any conciliation. Although, Geronimo's head ending up in the East Coast somewhere.

When looking at the world I think about how I can make it better at a personal and community level, which is why I decided to work on, developing sustainable communities. A good example of this is the Eden Project in England and the Masdir city in Abu Dhabi. I’m now developing connections with China and the Philippines as well. We can all make a difference no matter where we are in the world and it may be difficult at times but we adjust and move forward.

For those of us that want a better country we need to get more involved at the community level which is where things can start. We have so much to gain and so much to lose if we do not participate in making the world a better place for all humans no matter where one calls home.

"All endeavor calls for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish spirit is the one... characteristic we must posses if we are to face the future as finishers."
Henry David Thoreau

With Gratitude,

Zurdo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Explorans Algorithmus Veritatis

 This is a journey worth exploring and I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from this blog to research some very interesting areas of Truth Seek...